Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A technology free date night.

I really love my husband, so I was really excited when July's Project Marriage was to have a date night.
Did my husband wine and dine me? No. Did we go to a movie? Not a chance. My parents are partners in a ranch, so we loaded up the kids and went up to the ranch for a weekend. We had our own cabin, and the boys had their own room, so while we saw our kids much of the time, the grandparents would watch them and give the Mr. and I some time to go off together. I love that our date was a weekend away from neighbors, and falling asleep listening to big rigs, traffic and sirens.
What types of things did we do? While the boys were up where my parents were staying, we caught and removed mice from our cabin, one night, after the boys were asleep, my parents sat at our cabin and babysat the sleeping boys, we took an off road jeep ride, did some sunset hiking, saw a lot of deer and wildlife, when we got back from our drive, we sat outside of the cabin and had a couple of owls join us. The next night the ranch was hosting a 4th of July dance, so the owls weren't aroud too much, so we sat outside and star gazed. During the day we got to go fishing and go to the shooting range. SO much fun!
I sure love my husband, and I love that we like to get dirty on our dates! Plus I LOVED that the Mr. had no cell phone signal or internet while we were up there, so we actually really spent time talking and listening to each other!

2 comments:

Tina @ Life Without Pink said...

OMG that sounds like an amazing date! WOW!!! Thanks for linking up to #projectmarriage!

JamieAnne of A Dash of Domestic said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!